⭐ Get this Valentine’s Day science activity at a discount in our Valentine’s Day Science Bundle!
Use element atomic numbers and symbols to decode 24 words associated with Valentine’s Day, such as Flowers, Be Mine, Cupids, etc.
Two versions are provided – they have the same 24 words, but one is decorated with pictures that relate to the words and the other isn’t. (We find older students are quick to use the pictures instead of the periodic table, which is why we provide the version that has no pictures.)
Related NGSS Standard: MS-PS1-1
Have fun all year with our Holidays Periodic Table Decoder Activities Bundle!
- No prior knowledge of the periodic table is required. Simply point out to students where to find the atomic number and symbol, and you’re good to go!
- A clear and easy-to-read printable periodic table is included with the download.
- Makes a great sub plan in February.
- Answer key included.
- Please note: this Valentine’s Day science activity is not editable.
- Check out more resources in the Valentine’s Day science section of our shop!