Hi, I’m Holly, a secondary science teacher and owner of Flying Colors Science! Creating science lessons started as a daily survival ritual for me. For many years, I spent way too many evenings and weekends wading through not-so-helpful online resources and reworking uninspired lesson plans. Teaching without a budget pushed me to make labs work with cheaper and easier-to-find supplies. After a while, this “teacher survival mode” evolved into a fun challenge… and then into a passion.
Over the last two decades, I’ve written, tested, and refined hundreds of lessons, labs, and activities for my secondary science classroom. Now, I save teachers time by providing high-quality, trusted teaching resources that increase student engagement and address science standards with rigor – all while keeping it easy on the teacher!
Incredibly, my materials are now being used by science teachers in over 80 countries! And curriculum directors from across the United States have ordered customized unit plans for their districts. Educators trust that when they download a curriculum resource from Flying Colors Science, it will be easy to implement, engaging for kids, and have just the right amount of rigor.
- Bachelor of Science – Biology (UMass) 1998
- Massachusetts Institute for New Teachers 2000
- Master of Science – Nutrition and Food Science (URI) 2000
- Massachusetts SEI Teacher Endorsement 2018
- Public School Science Teacher, 2000 – present
- District Secondary Science Curriculum Writer, 2008 – present