Use the Periodic Table as a “decoder” for holiday words! This fun Christmas science worksheet has students use element atomic numbers and symbols to decode words associated with the December holiday season, such as Icicles, Scrooge, Candy Cane, etc.
⭐ Get this activity at a discount in our Christmas Science Activity Bundle!
Include both PRINT and GOOGLE SLIDES options! PUBLIC SCHOOL FRIENDLY!
Two versions are provided – they have the same 30 words, but one is decorated with pictures that relate to the words and the other isn’t. (We find older students are quick to use the pictures instead of the periodic table, which is why we provide the version that has no pictures.)
Related NGSS Standard: MS-PS1-1
- Have fun all year with our Holidays Periodic Table Decoder Activities Bundle!
- No prior knowledge of the periodic table is required. Simply point out to students where to find the atomic number and symbol, and you’re good to go!
- A clear and easy-to-read printable periodic table is included with the download.
- This document does NOT contain the word Christmas or religious words and is suitable for use in a public school with diverse students.
- Answer key included.
- Please note: this Christmas science worksheet is not editable.
Check out more resources in the Christmas science section of our shop!