HUMAN ACTIVITIES have put the NATURAL RESOURCE of cacao trees at risk, causing a serious decline in chocolate supplies.
⭐Get this at a discount in our Valentine’s Day Science Articles – Set of 3!
In this activity, students will:
- READ the text “Chocolate at Risk Due to Human Activity” to learn about 3 different ways that human activities have contributed to the decline of this natural resource.
- DEFINE key vocabulary from context clues in the text.
- ANSWER text-dependent questions.
- OPTIONAL EXTENSION: Create an educational poster about the problem.
You may also be interested in our Valentine’s Day Science Bundle!
- Please Note: This resource does not mention Valentine’s Day specifically. Valentine’s Day chocolate is really just our “in” to teach about how people are affecting the planet!
- GO PAPERLESS! Use the included digital Google Slides version!
- Answer key included.
- Makes an easy sub plan!
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- Related NGSS standards: MS-ESS3-4, MS-LS2-1, MS-LS2-4
- Check out more resources in the Valentine’s Day science section of our shop!
There are no reviews yet.