Have fun all year with our Holidays Periodic Table Decoder Activities Bundle!
Use the Periodic Table as a “decoder” for patriotic American words – perfect for celebrating President’s Day, Election Day, the Fourth of July, Veteran’s Day, or Memorial Day in science class.
Use element atomic numbers and names to decode 30 words or phrases associated with the United States, such as free, liberty, democracy, vote, veterans, constitution, diversity, etc.
Includes both print and Google Slides options to assign!
Two print versions are provided – they have the same 30 words, but one is decorated with festive clip art and the other isn’t.
- No prior knowledge of the periodic table is required. Simply point out to students where to find the atomic number and symbol, and you’re good to go!
- Please note that this periodic table decoder activity is not editable.
- A clear and easy-to-read printable periodic table is included with the download.
- Makes a great sub plan near patriotic holidays.
- Answer key included.
- Related NGSS Standard: MS-PS1-1