⭐ Save 50% on this claims, evidence, and reasoning worksheet in our Scientific Method Unit! ⭐
Students practice analyzing data, forming conclusions, and writing Claims-Evidence-Reasoning statements.
In this activity, students will:
- READ a brief passage about a science scenario.
- ANALYZE a very simple data table.
- Make a CLAIM based on EVIDENCE for a related question.
This activity is designed to get kids practicing CER, not learning content. No prior content knowledge is required. Students are able to make a claim based on the information in the text and data table alone.
Ways to Assign!
- As Stations – Great for getting kids moving around the room! Each of the 8 station cards has a brief description of an experiment and a data table. Students complete a Claims, Evidence, and Reasoning grid for a question related to each of the 8 data sets.
- As a Worksheet – Great for individual student practice! Students read a short description of the experiment and analyze the data to complete a Claims, Evidence, and Reasoning grid for each data set.
- Digitally: A Google Slides version of this activity is included.
Topics Covered in this Resource: fertilizer and apples, car speed and ramp angle, fish growth and acidity, gravity and astronaut blood pressure, diet and blood iron levels, guitar strings and note sustain, peacock tail feathers and protein in food, tides and moon phases
(Remember: Content is the focus. The focus is making claims based on evidence!)
⭐ Want more CER Practice? Buy 1 Get 1 FREE in our CER BUNDLE! ⭐
- Answer key included.
- Please note: This claims, evidence, and reasoning worksheet is not editable.
- NGSS Science and Engineering Practice: Asking Questions and Defining Problems
- Save 50% on this resource in our Scientific Method Unit!