⭐Includes to teach a full unit on the scientific method!
This Scientific Method Unit Covers:
- Steps of the Scientific Method (focus question, background research, hypothesis, controlled experiment, conclusion)
- How to write good focus questions
- Writing “If… Then…” hypotheses
- Designing controlled experiments
- Identifying independent and dependent variables; controls
- Practice analyzing data
- Forming conclusions and making claims from data
- Claims-Evidence-Reasoning practice
- How the Growth Mindset and the scientific method go hand-in-hand
- Real-world science connections
This Complete Unit Includes the Following Lessons:
- *Notes Presentation with Fill-Ins Worksheet
- *Steps of the Scientific Method Worksheets (4)
- *Scientific Method Stations Activity – No Supplies Needed
- *Identifying Variables Practice Worksheet
- *Data Analysis & CER Practice Stations
- “Eye on the Problem” Scientific Method Hands-On Activity – No Prep
- Toilet Paper Lab – Super EASY Supplies
- *Scientific Method & the Growth Mindset Activity
- Scientific Method Assessment – Multiple Versions
PLUS 4 FREE BONUSES:
- Scientific Method Citizen Science Project
- Science in the News Journal Prompts
- *School-Themed Hypotheses, Variables, & Experimental Design Practice
- *Dr. Jane C. Wright, Cancer Researcher Biography
* All starred resources include print and Google Slides options to assign.
- All answer keys are included.
- Please note: these PDF documents are not editable.
- Many, but not all, of the included resources include a digital Google Slides option to assign.
- NGSS Science and Engineering Practice: Asking Questions and Defining Problems