🦃 Get this Thanksgiving Science Activity at a discount in our Thanksgiving Science Activity Bundle!
Use the Periodic Table as a “decoder” for Thanksgiving words! Use element atomic numbers and symbols to decode words or phrases associated with Thanksgiving, such as gravy, relatives, leftovers, cornucopia, etc. There are 35 words/phrases in total.
Two versions are provided – they have the same 35 words, but one is decorated with pictures that relate to the words and the other isn’t. (We find older students are quick to use the pictures instead of the periodic table, which is why we provide the version that has no pictures.)
Have fun all year with our Holidays Periodic Table Decoder Activities Bundle!
- No prior knowledge of the periodic table is required. Simply point out to students where to find the atomic number and symbol, and you’re good to go!
- Please note: this Thanksgiving Science Activity is not editable.
- A clear and easy-to-read printable periodic table is included with the download.
- Makes a great sub plan in November.
- Answer key included.
- GO PAPERLESS! Use the included Google Slides version!
- Related NGSS Standard: MS-PS1-1
- Check out more resources in the Thanksgiving science section of our shop!