Includes both print and Google Slides versions of the following articles:
- Witch Hats in the Woods: Read about an October mystery – little witch hats appearing on leaves! Students follow the clues to find out the real cause. The “hats” are the work of a tiny aphid! Includes a 2-page article and a 2-page worksheet.
- Skeletal System and Bones: Students read about the functions of the skeletal system, bones, and bone health. Includes a 2-page article, a 1-page worksheet, and a graphic organizer to summarize the text.
- The Making of a Mummy: Students read about how a mummy is made with a focus on the chemicals used. No prior knowledge is required and the “chemistry” is middle school level. Includes a 2-page article and a 2-page worksheet.
Time-Saving Tip: Make just one class set of the readings and reuse them class-to-class and year-to-year. Students only write on the worksheet, so the articles are reusable!
- These resources do not mention Halloween specifically. The connections you make to Halloween witch hats, skeletons, and mummies are just a “hook” to get them learning real science!
- Please note that these resources are not editable.
- Answer keys are always included.
- GO PAPERLESS! Use the included digital Google Slides versions!
- Find lots more fun stuff in the holidays and fun section of our shop!