In this science vocabulary activity, students learn the basics of how science words are formed from prefixes, suffixes, and root words. They’ll get familiar with word parts such as exo, endo, hydro, geo, poly, bio, therm, photo – you get the idea!
- Read an introduction to how science words are constructed.
- Predict the meaning of words based on their word parts.
- Attempt to make science words backward from their meaning.
This is a middle-school level INTRODUCTION to how science words are made! No prior knowledge is required!
- This science vocabulary activity is not editable.
- Answer key provided.
- If you are interested in taking this activity further, check out our Science Words Game!