Get this activity at a discount in our Women in the Sciences Bundle!
EASY – JUST PRINT, CUT, ASSEMBLE! This WOMEN IN SCIENCE TIMELINE PROJECT has everything you need for students to create a timeline or bulletin board. A variety of scientists from around the world are included with dates ranging from 1200 BCE through today.
Two versions are provided – Version One requires students to research 35 scientists (names and important dates given) and Version Two gives them pre-made biography cards with the information provided for them.
Here’s the Process for Students:
- Tape or glue together the provided timeline templates (several 8.5″x11″ sheets)
- Color code the 35 biography boxes according to the field of science
- Attach biography boxes to the timeline
- Enter the dates
- Add pictures (provided) to each of the entries
- 35 Biography boxes for students to complete (for Version One)
- 35 Pre-made scientist biography boxes (for Version Two)
- 35 Scientist pictures
- Printable timeline templates
- Student instructions
- Teacher instructions
- This project works well when assigned as a paired project.
- As printed (several 8.5″x11″ pages), this timeline is almost 5 feet long, so it also makes a great Women’s History Month bulletin board.
- NO COLOR PRINTING IS REQUIRED! The pictures look better in color, but print fine in black and white. The information boxes are colored by students with colored pencils.
- The only supplies necessary are copier paper, glue, and colored pencils.
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- Check out more resources in the representation in science section of our shop!