Use this famous astronomer biography to introduce your students to one of the most influential and important astronomers of the modern age! Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin discovered that the Sun and stars are made of helium and hydrogen.
Both print and Google Slides options to assign are included.
In this activity, students will:
- READ an engaging biography about Cecilia, how she used spectroscopy to determine the elements in stars, and how her ideas were initially dismissed.
- ANSWER text-dependent questions based on the article. No prior knowledge is required!
- This resource is not editable.
- An answer key is included.
- A link to the Google Slides version of this famous astronomer biography is included with purchase.
⭐ Looking for scientist biographies? We have TONS in the scientists section of the shop!