⭐ Save 50% on this resource in our Scientific Method Unit! ⭐
NEEDS NO SUPPLIES!
NGSS Science and Engineering Practice: Asking Questions and Defining Problems
In this activity, students will put the scientific method to use. The student sheet leads them through the following steps:
- Read a provided PROBLEM: “How does light affect the pupils of your eyes?”.
- Read BACKGROUND INFORMATION about the problem.
- Write a HYPOTHESIS.
- DESIGN AN EXPERIMENT. Students must outline their procedure, independent variable, dependent variable, and their controls.
- PERFORM THEIR EXPERIMENT and collect data.
- Write a CONCLUSION.
- Answer follow-up questions.
- This lab does not require any materials but needs to be done in student pairs.
- ANSWER KEY INCLUDED.
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- Save 50% on this resource in our Scientific Method Unit!