Fun back to school science activity! Use element atomic numbers and symbols to decode 24 words or phrases associated with science class, such as microscope, laboratory, beaker, etc. There is also a section for students to decode the major branches of science and a few quick science jokes to figure out, as well.
Includes both print and digital Google Slides options to assign!
⭐ Have fun all year with our Holidays Periodic Table Decoder Activities Bundle!
- No prior knowledge of the periodic table is required. Simply point out to students where to find the atomic number and symbol, and you’re good to go!
- A clear and easy-to-read printable periodic table is included with the download.
- Answer key included.
- Please note that this back to school science activity is not editable.
- Two print versions are provided – they have the same 24 words, but one is decorated with pictures that relate to the words and the other isn’t. (We find older students are quick to use the pictures instead of the periodic table, which is why we provide the version that has no pictures.)
- Check out more resources in the back to school section of our shop!