Get this activity at a discount in our Newton’s Laws Unit!
Students play with common supplies to experience one of Newton’s Laws of Motion firsthand. Easy and engaging!
In this activity, students will:
- MOVE THROUGH 6 STATIONS. The station cards lead them independently through 6 simple activities. Each activity demonstrates Newton’s 3rd law in a different way.
- COMPLETE THE STUDENT SHEET. As they visit each station, they complete a student sheet with analysis questions.
Supply List: 2 spring scales, 10 pennies, flexible straws, pins, pencils with erasers, balloons, tape, 2 bathroom scales, 2 soda cans, string, bucket or sink, scissors
Many of these supplies can easily be substituted for something similar. And, there’s enough content here that if you need to skip a station due to supplies, the students still will have a solid hands-on experience with Newton’s Third Law with the remaining stations.
P.S. This is NOT just another balloon rocket activity!
Related NGSS Standards:
- MS-PS2-1 and MS-PS2-2
- NGSS Science & Engineering Practices: Planning and carrying out investigations; Analyzing and interpreting data; Engaging in argument from evidence
- Answer key included.
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- Check out more resources in the motion and Newton’s laws section of our shop!
There are no reviews yet.