This bundle of READY-TO-GO and NO PREP life science substitute plans contains 5 resources that are perfect to leave on days when you cannot leave a more specific plan. Each includes an informative and ENGAGING article with a corresponding worksheet that asks text-dependent questions.
Each included resource has both a digital Google Slides and a printable version.
Included Articles (All include a student worksheet):
- Top 10 Strangest Examples of Symbiosis (NGSS MS-LS2-2)
- Top 10 Fascinating DNA Facts (NGSS MS-LS3-1)
- Top 10 Coolest Vestigial Structures (NGSS MS-LS4-2)
- Top 10 Weird Human Body Facts (NGSS MS-LS1-3)
- Top 10 Coolest Animals Adaptations (NGSS MS-LS1-4)
These resources are PERFECT AS SUB PLANS because:
- The life science topics and “top 10” format are engaging for kids and relate to the real world.
- NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE is required – all the information kids need is included in the text.
- Clear answer keys are included, making it easy for any sub to review.
- Each article supports literacy, reading comprehension, and vocabulary acquisition.
- All included lessons are linked to NGSS science standards.
- No copies are needed! Digital Google Slides versions are provided for all lessons.
- Using the paper version? Spend less time at the copier! Each article is separate from the student worksheets, so you only need to make one class set of the readings. They can be reused class-class.
- These PDF resources are not editable.
- All answer keys are included.
- A link to each Google Slide version is included with each downloadable PDF.