Get this activity at a discount in our Human Impact on Ecosystems Activity Bundle!
In this activity, students will:
- READ up to 8 provided news articles about overexploited species, including Himalayan yew, bluefin tuna, oysters, elephants, frankincense, pangolins, and Burmese pythons. We assign them as STATIONS.
- ORGANIZE the information in a graphic organizer
- ANSWER text-dependent analysis questions (1 set for each article)
Includes both PRINT and GOOGLE SLIDES options to assign!
This activity is versatile and can be assigned in different ways:
- Individual news articles/questions for homework or sub plans
- Present the articles and questions in stations for a 2-3 day activity
- As a group project – each group gets one article and then presents it to the class
To save copies (and your time!), make just a few copies of each reading, and have students rotate through one reading at a time and return it to the pile when completed. You can also save the readings year-to-year to save time and copies next year. Or, use the digital provided Google Slides version of this resource instead.
- INCLUDES ANSWER KEY
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- Check out more resources in the natural resources section of our shop!