Get kids THINKING! Promote lively discussions and critical thinking about global warming and related issues using a “Two Truths and a Lie” activity.
In this activity, students will:
- Read (in pairs or groups) a “Two Truths and a Lie” card that has 2 true facts about climate change and one lie or misinformation. (15 total cards are provided.)
- Discuss which choice they believe is the lie on the card.
- Turn the card over to discover the lie and learn more about the truth.
- Answer questions on a 4-page follow-up worksheet that corresponds to the information in the cards.
This activity leads to very vibrant discussions about climate change. We’ve been amazed at the group and class discussions it fosters!
- Sea ice
- Measuring climate change
- Greenhouse gases
- Polar bears
- Sea levels
- Natural causes of climate change
- Fossil fuels
- Carbon emissions
- Future temps
- Extreme weather
- Historical temps
- Carbon dioxide
- Food chain disruptions
Get this activity at a huge discount in our comprehensive Climate Change Unit!
- INCLUDES ANSWER KEY.
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- Related NGSS Standards: MS-ESS3-5, ESS3-4, HS-ESS3-5
- NGSS Science & Engineering Practices: Engaging in argument from evidence; obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
- Check out more climate change resources in the climate change section of our shop!