Use actual World Record running data to get kids interested in the speed numbers they calculate and graph.
This worksheet lists the current World Record run times for men and women in 10 different race lengths. Students are given some information on the runner and their times, and then the activity proceeds as follows:
- Calculate the runners’ average speeds for each world-record race
- Graph average speed versus distance (graph provided)
- Answer analysis questions
You may also be interested in these speed resources:
- Supports NGSS standard MS-PS3-1.
- Includes an answer key.
- Please note: this resource is not editable.
- Check out more resources in the motion and Newton’s laws section of our shop!