Get this activity at a discount in our fun Top 10 Lists in Science Sub Plan Set!
Students read about the 10 most innovative and record-breaking engineering feats of modern times!
Includes both PRINT and GOOGLE options to assign!
In this activity, students will:
- READ about the top 10 engineering feats of modern times, from the 1914 Panama Canal to the 2022 Çanakkale Bridge.
- ANSWER text-dependent questions – no prior knowledge required!
This resource is the PERFECT science sub plan because:
- No prior knowledge is required – all of the answers to questions appear in the text.
- The content applies for any upper middle school or high school science or engineering course.
- An answer key is included, so your sub can easily review the correct answers.
- This activity can be assigned both on paper with the included PDF or directly through Google Classroom. A Google Slides version is included!
Engineering Feats Included:
- Panama Canal (Panama)
- International Space Station (space)
- Burj Khalifa (UAE)
- Çanakkale Bridge (Turkey)
- Millau Viaduct (France)
- Delta Works (Netherlands)
- “Bird’s Nest” Stadium (China)
- Three Gorges Dam (China)
- Large Hadron Collider (Switzerland
- Seikan Tunnel (Japan)
- The link to the Google Slides version is included in the downloadable PDF.
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- Answer key is included.