Get this activity at a discount in our fun Top 10 Lists in Science Sub Plan Set!
Students read about the 10 most famous and influential scientific ideas of all time, and the scientists behind them!
In this activity, students will:
- READ about the 10 scientific theories and laws that changed science forever and the scientists behind them. The text explains the theories and laws in more simplified terms so that students get a broad understanding of each.
- ANSWER text-dependent questions – no prior knowledge required!
This resource is the PERFECT science sub plan because:
- No prior knowledge is required – all of the answers to questions appear in the text.
- The content applies for any upper middle school or high school science course because the theories and laws cover Earth, space, physical, and life sciences.
- An answer key is included, so your sub can easily review the correct answers.
- This activity can be assigned both on paper with the included PDF or directly through Google Classroom. A Google Slides version is included!
Scientific Theories and Laws Included:
- Laws of Motion
- Law of Gravity
- Atomic Theory
- Cell Theory
- Theory of Evolution
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Laws of Inheritance
- Law of Special Relativity
- Law of General Relativity
- Plate Tectonics Theory
- The link to the Google Slides version is included in the downloadable PDF.
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- Answer key is included.
- Check out more resources in the scientific processes section of our shop!
There are no reviews yet.