High-interest ecology readings about commensalism, mutualism, and parasitism, plus questions and a graphic organizer!
GO PAPERLESS! This activity includes both PDF and GOOGLE SLIDES versions!
In this activity, students will:
- Read articles with real-life and engaging examples of mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism (8 examples each)
- Answer text-dependent questions using information from the readings
- Complete a graphic organizer about the symbiotic relationships from the text
- This resource does not teach symbiosis. We use it as a reinforcement lesson. There are many ways to incorporate these readings. You might use the readings with your favorite reading strategy – herringbone, chunking the text, etc. It could also be used in a group activity, where groups read just one of the readings and present the information to the whole class orally or in a poster.
- Also check out our Symbiosis Quiz!
- INCLUDES ANSWER KEY.
- NGSS MS-LS2-2
- Please note: this resource is not editable.
- Check out more resources in the ecology section of our shop!