Get this test at a discount in our Waves Assessment Bundle!
This is a 10-question middle school quiz designed to assess a basic understanding of the sound waves portion of NGSS standards MS-PS4-1 and MS-PS4-2. Two versions are included.
This quiz covers:
- Mediums that sound waves may pass through (solids, liquids, and gases)
- Sound waves travel fastest in solids
- A sound’s loudness is associated with the amplitude of its wave
- A sound’s pitch is associated with the frequency of its wave
Only the essential understandings of sound waves are covered in this quiz, not more advanced concepts.
The two versions of the quiz provided differ slightly, but the actual questions are the same. The quizzes have the same questions but the answer options are different so wandering eyes can’t copy from a neighbor.
- ANSWER KEYS INCLUDED.
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- Check out more resources in the waves, sound, and light section of our shop!
There are no reviews yet.