Get this activity at a discount in our Integumentary System Unit!
Students learn about the INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM as they move through 9 stations. Engaging student-led independent work!
This activity is designed to DIRECTLY TEACH the integumentary system but is great as a review, as well! Each station (or slide) includes easy-to-digest information about STRUCTURES and FUNCTIONS of the skin, fun facts, related health issues, and how the integumentary system interacts with other systems.
EASY PREP or GO PAPERLESS!
- To use the PRINT version: Simply make 1-2 copies of the station cards and place them around the room. Make a copy of the student worksheet for each student. Students travel from station to station gathering information and answering questions on the worksheet.
- To use the DIGITAL version: Follow the included link to make a copy of the Google Slides version and assign it in Google Classroom.
In this activity, students will:
- READ information about the integumentary system at 9 total stations.
- ANSWER questions on a corresponding WORKSHEET as they visit each station. Some questions are a straightforward review of what’s been learned in the text, and some require a bit of thinking. The answers to all questions are found in the station cards – NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED!
Overview of Topics Covered:
- Examples of key terms used include: integumentary system, skin, epidermis, dermis, Hypodermis, sweat gland, sweat, sebaceous gland, nail, hair, hair follicle, receptors
- Functions of the integumentary system
- Major parts of the skin
- Overview of how sweating works to cool the body
- Overview of sensation and receptors
- Common disorders of the skin
- How the integumentary system interacts with other organ systems
- NGSS Standard MS-LS1-3
- Includes answer key.
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- We offer a complete and comprehensive Human Body Systems Unit!
There are no reviews yet.