⭐ Save 50% on this resource in our Scientific Method Unit! ⭐
This presentation on the steps of the scientific method teaches students about the nature of science and how real science is done. Students complete a cloze notes worksheet (provided) as they view the presentation.
Both PowerPoint (PPT) and digital Google Slides options are provided.
Included with purchase:
- : This version includes both notes about the scientific method as well as several check-for-understanding slides that will help you lead a rich classroom discussion as you present the notes.
- : This version includes slides that strictly cover the scientific method and is more streamlined.
- : This worksheet matches both of the above presentations. Students fill in blanks from the information in the presentation. Both printable PDF and editable Word versions are provided.
- Steps of the scientific method (focus question, background research, hypothesis, controlled experiment, conclusion)
- How to write a good focus question
- How to write an If… Then… hypothesis
- Why an experiment must be “controlled”
- Independent and dependent variables; controls
- What data is
- How scientists share what they’ve learned
- How conclusions are often written in a CER format
- The Cloze notes student sheet includes an answer key.
- Please note: This resource is fully editable.
- Links to the Google Slides versions of the presentations are provided within the PPT files.
- Save 50% on this resource in our Scientific Method Unit!