2 VERSIONS of a middle school PHYSICAL SCIENCE PRE-ASSESSMENT or FINAL EXAM! Both tests cover the same topics but have different levels of rigor.
NGSS Topics Covered Include:
- Properties of Matter (mass, volume, weight, density)
- Pure Substances vs. Mixtures (elements, compounds, mixtures)
- Physical vs. Chemical Changes
- Energy (kinetic/potential and energy transformations)
- Particle Motion & Heat Transfer (conduction, convection, radiation)
- Speed & Motion
- Newton’s Laws
- Electrical Force
- Gravitational Force
NGSS Standards Covered:
MS-PS1-1, MS-PS1-2, MS-PS1-3, MS-PS1-4, MS-PS1-5, MS-PS1-6, MS-PS2-1, MS-PS2-2, MS-PS2-3, MS-PS2-4, MS-PS2-5, MS-PS3-1, MS-PS3-2, MS-PS3-3, MS-PS3-4, MS-PS3-5, MS-PS4-1, MS-PS4-2, MS-PS4-3
TEST VERSION A:
- This is not a “definition-style” test! This test focuses on the essential understandings of middle school physical science topics. The questions are “big picture” in nature and mimic the way NGSS-based standardized tests generally ask about these topics. The questions include some simple diagrams and charts to analyze and require some thinking.
- 50 questions.
- Less copies and easy to correct – save time with our test packet format! This version of the test has a test question packet (4 pages front/back) and a separate answer sheet (1 page). You only need to make one class set of copies of the test question packet because it can be reused class-to-class. Students ONLY write on their provided answer sheet.
TEST VERSION B:
- This is essentially a matching and fill-in-the-blank test. This test is more of a straightforward “definition style” exam.
- 25 questions
- Designed to be streamlined and easy to correct!
- Two versions: They have identical questions, but in a different order so that wandering eyes will have trouble copying their neighbor.
- Get this test at a discount in our Physical Science Test Bundle!
- ANSWER KEYS ARE PROVIDED.
- Please note: these tests are not editable.
There are no reviews yet.