This genetic engineering activity introduces students to a technology that humans use to influence the inheritance of traits, GENETIC ENGINEERING.
The Article Covers:
- Basics of how genetic engineering works
- Pros and cons of genetic engineering
- Impact on medicine, food, society, and the environment
Analysis Section Includes:
- 17 text-dependent questions
- Graphic organizer for summarization
- Writing prompt about students’ position on genetic engineering
This is a great addition to a DNA and heredity unit because it introduces biotechnology and real-life applications of genetics at a middle school level.
This activity pairs well with our Cloning Reading & Questions!
- Related NGSS Standards: MS-LS3-1, MS-LS3-2, MS-LS4-5
- Printer-friendly text version provided
- Answer key included.
- GO PAPERLESS! Use the included digital Google Slides version.
- Makes an excellent sub plan!
- This resource is not editable.
- Check out more resources in the asexual and sexual reproduction section of our shop!
There are no reviews yet.