⭐ Get this famous earthquakes and volcanoes activity at a HUGE discount in our Earth Science Top 10 Lists Bundle!
In this activity, students will:
- READ an article that covers 5 earthquakes and 5 volcanoes. Students will read about where and how it happened and how the event changed history.
- COMPLETE a grid that summarizes how each event changed history.
- ANSWER text-dependent questions. No prior knowledge is required – all information in the questions can be found in the reading.
Examples of How Events Changed History:
- After the Great Lisbon earthquake of Portugal in 1755, people began to make earthquake-resistant buildings.
- The 1815 Mount Tambora volcano in Indonesia caused a volcanic winter that caused widespread famine.
- The 2004 tsunami caused by the Indian Ocean earthquake in Sumatra highlighted the need for early tsunami detection tools.
- Plus 7 more history-changing examples!
- Answer keys included.
- Please note: this famous earthquakes and volcanoes resource is not editable.
- Check out more resources in the plate tectonics section of our shop!