Get this resource at a discount in our Distribution of Natural Resources Unit!
Includes PRINT and GOOGLE SLIDES versions!
In this activity, students will:
- READ a short passage about a natural resource. They’ll learn a little about it characteristics and uses, as well as where it is found. Resources featured include copper, fertile soil, and oil.
- ANALYZE maps.
- Make a CLAIM based on EVIDENCE about how and why that natural resource is distributed the way it is.
Students will be able to make claims to answer the following questions:
- What is the relationship between volcanoes and copper deposits?
- Why does the Midwest area of the United States have fertile soil?
- Why do Venezuela and Saudi Arabia have lots of oil reservoirs?
NGSS Standard: MS-ESS3-1
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- A link to a Google Slides version of this document is included in the downloadable PDF.
- Check out more resources in the natural resources section of our shop!