Get this resource at a discount in our Circulatory System Unit!
Engage students in a real-world study of the cardiovascular system and heart disease at a middle school level. Includes both PRINT and GOOGLE SLIDES versions.
In this anatomy activity, students will:
- Read a brief background about heart disease and how doctors evaluate risk for heart disease (simplified for middle schoolers).
- Use a “Heart Disease Risk” chart to evaluate the risk factor score for 6 patients.
- Answer analysis questions about which patients were at the lowest and highest risk of heart disease, and the factors that put them in these categories.
- We offer a complete and comprehensive Human Body Systems Unit!
- Answer key included.
- Supports NGSS MS-LS1-3.
- This resource is NOT editable.
- This is the same as our Valentine’s Day heart disease resource. If you own that, you already have this!
- Check out more resources in the human body systems section of our shop!