Promote lively discussions and critical thinking with these winter and holiday-themed “2 Truths and a Lie” cards. It’s the perfect middle school Christmas holiday game for the week before Christmas vacation or any winter day!
PUBLIC SCHOOL FRIENDLY!
⭐ Get this game at a huge discount in our 2 Truths and a Lie Game Bundle!
In this activity, students will:
- READ (in pairs or groups) a “Two Truths and a Lie” card that has 2 true facts about a winter/holiday theme and one lie or misinformation.
- DISCUSS which choice they believe is the lie on the card.
- Turn the card over to DISCOVER the lie and learn more about the truth.
Sample Card Topics Include: Reindeer, hot chocolate, Boxing Day, snow totals, snowboarding, the North Pole, the movie Elf, sleigh bells, pine trees, New Year’s Eve ball drop, plus many more – 36 themes total!
Suitable for Public School:
- This game does NOT include overt Christian religious references (no Jesus, no manger, no Biblical concepts) but does include pop culture-type Christmas themes such as reindeer, elves, and the North Pole.
- This resource also includes references to the holidays of Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve, Winter Solstice, and Boxing Day.
- Many of the cards focus on winter, not holidays… arctic animals, types of snow, winter sports, hot chocolate, etc.
- The cards are not visually fancy as they do not have clip art or color. This makes them printer-friendly.
- 36 cards are provided (4 cards per 8.5″ x 11″ page)
- Detailed teacher notes are provided.
- Please note that this middle school Christmas holiday game is not editable.
- Please note that these cards are NOT science-themed, unlike most of our other products!
Check out more resources in the Christmas science section of our shop!