Get this activity at a discount in our Black Scientists Bundle!
EASY – JUST PRINT, CUT & ASSEMBLE!
Everything you need is included for students to create an African American Achievements in Science timeline or bulletin board. A variety of scientists are included with dates ranging from 1792 through today. Scientists represent a range of fields, including medicine, biology, physics, Earth, space, and chemistry.
Two versions are provided – Version One requires students to research 25 scientists (names and important dates given) and Version Two gives them 25 pre-made biography cards. The only supplies necessary are copier paper, glue and colored pencils.
Here’s the Process for Students:
- Tape or glue together the provided timeline templates (5 – 8.5″x11″ sheets)
- Color code the 25 biography boxes according to field of science
- Attach biography boxes to the timeline
- Enter the dates
- Add pictures (provided) to each of the entries
- 25 Biography boxes for students to complete (for Version One)
- 25 Pre-made scientist biography boxes (for Version Two)
- 25 Scientist pictures
- Printable timeline templates
- Student instructions
- Teacher instructions
- This project works well when assigned as a paired project.
- As printed (several 8.5″x11″ pages), this timeline is more than 1 meter long, so it also makes a great Black History Month bulletin board.
- NO COLOR PRINTING IS REQUIRED! The pictures look better in color but will print fine in black and white. The information boxes are colored by students with colored pencils.
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- Check out more resources in the representation in science section of our shop!
There are no reviews yet.