Get this test at a discount in our Life Science Test Bundle!
2 VERSIONS of a middle school LIFE SCIENCE PRE-ASSESSMENT or FINAL TEST!
Both of these tests could also be used as a pretest or a DDM (District Determined Measure). They cover the same topics but have different levels of rigor.
- Cells and organelles
- Generalizations about human body systems
- Photosynthesis and respiration (the basics)
- Ecosystems (energy roles and food webs)
- Asexual reproduction
- Sexual reproduction (including the basics of chromosomes & genetics)
- Natural selection
- Evidence for evolution
- Very basics of classification
NGSS Standards Covered:
MS-LS1-1, MS-LS1-2, MS-LS1-3, MS-LS1-4, MS-LS1-5, MS-LS1-6, MS-LS1-7, MS-LS1-8, MS-LS2-1, MS-LS2-2, MS-LS2-3, MS-LS2-4, MS-LS2-5, MS-LS3-1, MS-LS3-2, MS-LS4-1, MS-LS4-2, MS-LS4-3, MS-LS4-4, MS-LS4-5, MS-LS4-6
TEST VERSION A:
- This is not a “definition-style” test! This test focuses on the essential understandings of middle school life science topics. The questions are “big picture” in nature and mimic the way NGSS-based standardized tests generally ask about these topics. The questions include some simple diagrams and charts to analyze and require some thinking.
- 40 questions
- Less copies and easy to correct – save time with our test packet format! This version of the test has a test question packet (4 pages front/back) and a separate answer sheet (1 page). You only need to make one class set of copies of the test question packet because it can be reused class-to-class. Students ONLY write on their provided answer sheet.
TEST VERSION B:
- This is essentially a definitions and matching test.
- 33 questions
- Designed to be streamlined and easy to correct!
- ANSWER KEYS ARE PROVIDED.
- Please note: These tests are NOT editable.