Get this activity at a discount in our Synthetic vs. Natural Materials Unit!
This WEBQUEST introduces students to natural versus synthetic materials, how they are used in products, and the advantages and disadvantages of both.
INCLUDES DIGITAL GOOGLE SLIDES VERSION!
This web activity is not based on any particular website, rather students use Google to find the specifically requested information. Therefore, it is best suited to classes that can independently find information online and pull information from text.
- Define synthetic and natural materials.
- Research 8 different products (names provided), each of which has a natural and synthetic version. List the source of the material, properties, and function of each version (synthetic or natural).
- Research the advantages and disadvantages of 3 commonly used materials (examples provided) that have both synthetic and natural versions.
- Utah SEEd 8.1.4
- NGSS MS-PS1-3
- Oklahoma OAS 7.PS1.3
- INCLUDES AN ANSWER KEY.
- Please note: this resource is not editable.
- Check out more resources in the natural versus synthetic material section of our shop!
There are no reviews yet.