Get this activity at a discount in our Synthetic vs. Natural Materials Unit!
Everything you need is included for students to create a Natural and Synthetic Materials Impact on Society TIMELINE.
TWO VERSIONS are provided – Version One requires students to research 20 materials themselves (specific materials provided) and Version Two gives them 20 pre-made informational cards about the materials.
Here’s the Process for Students:
- Assemble the provided timeline templates (8.5″x11″ sheets)
- Attach material information boxes to the timeline
- Enter the dates
- Add pictures (provided) to each of the entries
- 20 Materials Research Cards for students to complete (for Version One)
- 20 Pre-Made Material Cards (for Version Two)
- 20 materials pictures
- Printable timeline templates
- Student instructions
- Teacher notes
- No color printing is required. The pictures look better in color, but will print fine in black and white.
- Influential materials examples include: penicillin, polyethylene (plastic), paclitaxel (Taxol, cancer drug), sodium stearate (soap), sodium hypochlorite (bleach), etc.
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- Supplies required: glue sticks and colored pencils
- Utah SEEd 8.1.4
- NGSS MS-PS1-3
- Oklahoma OAS 7.PS1.3
- Check out more resources in the natural versus synthetic material section of our shop!
There are no reviews yet.