Get this activity at a discount in our Synthetic vs. Natural Materials Unit!
High-interest informational text and analysis about synthetic and natural chemicals, how they differ, and how several specific examples have impacted society.
INCLUDES GOOGLE SLIDES VERSION!
NGSS Standard: NGSS MS-PS1-3
In this activity, students will:
- READ the article “Natural & Synthetic Chemicals: Good Guys & Bad Guys”. The reading is specifically designed to support MS-PS1-3, describing natural and synthetic chemicals, how synthetic chemicals can be made from natural resources, and many interesting examples of how chemicals have impacted society in both negative and positive ways.
- ANSWER analysis questions based on the text and their own ideas about the importance (and future) of chemicals.
The reading is middle school level, and suitable for a heterogeneous mix of student abilities. Students will find it engaging, and the examples listed are of high interest.
- Utah SEEd 8.1.4
- NGSS MS-PS1-3
- Oklahoma OAS 7.PS1.3
- To limit the number of copies I have to make, I only make one class set of the reading, then reuse it class-to-class and year-to-year.
- INCLUDES ANSWER KEY
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- Check out more resources in the natural versus synthetic material section of our shop!
There are no reviews yet.