Students learn about the formation of Earth from a cloud of dust and are introduced to how early Earth changed over time. The middle school-level article focuses on the changes to early Earth itself, not the geologic time scale. Applicable in several units: NGSS MS-ESS1-2, MS-ESS1-4, HS-ESS1-6.
Get this activity at a discount in our Astronomy Activities Bundle!
PRINT and GOOGLE versions included!
In this activity, students will:
- READ the article “History of the Earth”
- ANSWER 11 text-dependent questions (no prior knowledge required)
- COMPLETE a simple timeline from information in the text
This resource includes:
- 2-page informational text
- 2-page of text-dependent questions
You may also be interested in our similar Formation of the Universe and Solar System Reading.