Get this activity at a huge discount in our comprehensive Climate Change Unit!
Students read short text passages on various climate change topics then complete:
- Short answer questions
- Flow charts
- Claims-evidence-reasoning prompts
- Cause and effect grids
This activity can be used during a climate change unit or as a stand-alone lesson at any point in the school year. It would make a great emergency sub plan, as well. All information in the questions are provided in the short texts, so no prior knowledge is required. The worksheet is 4 pages long (2 front/back) and includes 8 short texts with 22 questions.
Includes both print and Google versions!
Included text passages and questions in this resource relate to:
- Greenhouse gases and the greenhouse effect
- Carbon dioxide
- Water vapor
- Melting ice
- Albedo effect (reflection of solar energy)
- Carbon dioxide and the ocean
- Ocean acidification
- NGSS MS-ESS3-5, ESS3-4, HS-ESS3-5
- NGSS Science & Engineering Practice: Engaging in argument from evidence
- NGSS Science & Engineering Practice: Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information