Get this resource at a discount in our Circulatory System Unit!
Students learn about the CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM and the HEART as they circulate (pun intended!) through 10 stations. Engaging student-led independent work!
This activity is designed to DIRECTLY TEACH the circulatory system but is great as a review, as well! Each station includes a 1-page station with easy-to-digest information about structures and functions of the circulatory system, bright and clear illustrations, and interesting facts.
EASY PREP or GO PAPERLESS!
- To use the PRINT version: Simply make 1-2 copies of the station cards and place them around the room. Make a copy of the student worksheet for each student. Students travel from station to station gathering information and answering questions on the worksheet.
- To use the DIGITAL version: Follow the included link to make a copy of the Google Slides version and assign it in Google Classroom.
In this activity, students will:
- READ information about the heart and circulatory system at 10 different stations.
- ANSWER questions on a corresponding worksheet as they visit each station. Some questions are a straightforward review of what’s been learned in the text, and some require a bit of critical thinking. The answers to all questions are found in the station cards – NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED!
Overview of Topics Covered:
- Terms used include: blood vessel, capillary, vein, artery, blood, red blood cell, white blood cell, platelet, atrium, ventricle, plasma, hemoglobin
- Functions of the circulatory system
- Two loops of blood flow (one to the lungs and one to the body)
- The heart’s structure
- How the circulatory system interacts with other body systems
- Heart disease